We have been offering specialist surveys since 1975 and are proud of our fast, reliable, industry leading service.
A building survey is a comprehensive inspection suitable for all properties but especially recommended for:
- Listed buildings
- Buildings built before 1900
- Any buildings constructed in an unusual way, regardless of age
- Properties you plan to renovate or alter in any way
- Properties which have already had extensive alterations
A building survey involves a detailed examination of all accessible parts of the property and can be tailor made to suit your individual needs and concerns.
Building survey prices begin at £400, working upwards depending on the level of inspection required by the client.
There are three main types of survey:
- Valuation: this will be carried out by your mortgage company if you need a mortgage to buy the property.
- Homebuyer: this is a basic survey that will give you a general overview of the property.
- Full structural: recommended for older properties and those in need of work, or simply for peace of mind. Although expensive, it is worthwhile.
At Stimson & Tieken we construct only full structural building surveys.
Often referred to as a structural survey, or a full survey, this is a visual survey appropriate to all building types.
It aims to provide maximum confidence and assurance and is the most detailed of our standard reports. A building survey is an in depth report written in a free text format and tailored to the individual property or client where required.
We get to all parts that we can reach from the ground floors, fixed stairs or other vantage points. The surveyor will carry a four-metre ladder and we will open all available/known access hatches, traps and manholes etc. that we can get to safely. The building survey covers:
- Detailed information on construction
- Technical advice on problems
- Recommendations on remedial work
- Advice on future maintenance
- Post report consultation
- Custom made to meet your needs
Unfortunately, we do not have x-ray eyes and vendors don’t take kindly to us ripping their buildings apart, so there will be hidden parts that we can’t get to. Even so, we are trained to tell you if we suspect hidden defects.
A building survey will give you a full list of any suspected problems that might be present in one of the biggest purchases you might make, therefore allowing you to make a fully informed decision.
Stimson & Tieken Ltd
No. 05619171 | England & Wales
Highfield, St Just, Penzance
Cornwall TR19 7PW
We cover Penzance, Marazion, St Just, Isles of Scilly, Newlyn, St Ives, Hayle, Camborne, Redruth, Helston, Falmouth and Truro – further afield upon request.